Our Dylon Machine Fabric Dye Pods are suited to larger items or quantities that can be washed in the machine. Ready-to-use fabric dyes in a 350g pack – easier to use than ever! All in 1 formula to revive or change the colour of your clothes and soft furnishings in the washing machine.
Easy, colourful results – just place the pod in the drum!
Weight: 350g pack
Colour: Espresso Brown (for other colours, see the full range here). The word Emerald evokes images of sparkling intense green shades and this new colour provides just that. A recent addition to the range, this modern take on a traditional classic shade will team well with a range of colours for a truly luxurious look.
DYLON ALL-IN-ONE MACHINE DYE INSTRUCTIONS:
The shade you achieve will depend on 3 things:
1. FABRIC TYPE
• Cotton, linen & viscose will dye to full shade
• Polyester/cotton & polyester/viscose mixes will dye to lighter shade
• Wool, silk, polyester, acrylic, nylon & fabric with special finishes e.g. ‘dry clean only’, cannot be dyed
2. FABRIC AMOUNT
• One pack will dye up to 600g of fabric (e.g. jeans, bath towel, double sheet) to the full shade & up to 1.2kg of fabric (e.g. double duvet) to lighter shade
• Multiple packs will dye larger amounts to full shade, e.g. 2 packs for 1200g (e.g. double duvet) or 4 packs for 2kg (e.g. curtains)
3. ORIGINAL FABRIC COLOUR
• You can change one strong colour to another (or dye it to a lighter shade) by using DYLON PRE-DYE which lightens before you dye, ready for colour change. • Otherwise colour mixing rules apply, e.g. blue dye on red fabric gives purple
• Patterned fabric will often still show through
First, weigh dry fabric to ensure you have sufficient dye. Once you are ready:
• Put damp fabric into the drum
• Just peel off lid, put the Pod directly into the drum of the washing machine and run 40C or 30C cycle
• Run another 40C or 30C cycle with detergent
-> Dry fabric away from direct heat & sunlight
• Our promise: This dye won’t damage your machine or affect subsequent washes
• Use in front loading automatic washing machines. Do not use in launderette machines.
• Don’t dye more than half machine’s maximum load to avoid crowding which will give patchy result
• Don’t use more than five packs of dye at once You do not need to add salt with the new DYLON 350g packs of Machine Dye
• Dyeing may not cover stains, faded areas or bleach marks
• Should any dye be left in machine after dyeing, add cup of bleach to drum, add detergent as usual & run machine empty on 40°C cycle
• After dyeing, wash separately or with similar colours for first two washes to remove any excess dye
• Polyester stitching will not dye Always read the full instructions in pack before use.
Dielon, Dylone, dielone